We’re growing rapidly and looking for an experienced Medical Writer to work within our pharmaceutical / healthcare team.
Take a look at our website and you’ll see we’re not your traditional medcoms agency. At Torpedo we work across many sectors, but our focus is on technology and healthcare. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented, creative and friendly team working within a converted barn on a varied range of exciting marketing campaigns, creative and digital projects.
We already work with some big healthcare brands and have done for over 10 years. The opportunity is huge and we’re looking for a capable Medical Writer with agency experience of working across medical education, promotional and consumer awareness materials.
You’ll have a proven track record in medical communications with the ability to co-ordinate the delivery of editorial projects and to provide scientific excellence across a number of accounts and therapy areas.
Role & responsibilities
- Work closely with our account management team and healthcare / pharmaceutical clients to develop an in-depth understanding of our clients’ businesses, products and marketing objectives.
- Lead healthcare and pharmaceutical projects from a scientific and content perspective.
- Undertake research, appraise, interpret and cite published information to develop credible and accurate marketing collateral.
- Write, edit and proof high quality content for medical education, promotional and awareness materials, including sales aids, leave pieces, websites, direct mail, adverts, posters, monographs, videos and events.
- Undertake editorial reviews and QC checks on healthcare and pharmaceutical projects.
- Assist with managing projects from brief to delivery.
- Be actively involved at all stages of the project and liaise closely with the internal design and digital teams to set the standard and maintain consistency.
- Work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients with exceptional service at all times.
Technical skills & experience
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to write content for online and offline medical education, promotional and consumer awareness projects.
- A relevant life science degree.
- Ability to adapt editorial style, tone-of-voice and content for different types of collateral and audiences.
- Competent in understanding, interpreting and citing scientific papers.
- A creative thinker, able to interpret data and develop an engaging story.
- An excellent understanding of ABPI and EFPIA Codes.
- Proven experience of working on multiple projects within tight timescales.
- Previous experience in a medcomms or medical writing agency.
- Personable and confident in front of clients.
- Experience with Zinc or other similar approval system.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
download pdfsend us your cv