We’re looking for an experienced and highly capable, hands-on Account Director to join our Healthcare team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced agency Account Director to join our team and play an instrumental role in helping to shape and grow the healthcare business at Torpedo.
Take a look at our website and you’ll see we’re not your traditional medcoms agency. Torpedo is an award winning integrated marketing agency and we work across many sectors, but our focus is on technology and healthcare.
We already work with some big healthcare brands and have done for over 10 years. The opportunity is huge and we’re looking for a marketing specialist with a medical / pharma background, loads of experience within medcoms agencies and the ambition to develop this senior role further as the business and team grows.
Role & responsibilities
- Work closely with our existing healthcare and pharmaceutical clients to develop an in-depth understanding of their business, products and marketing objectives.
- Provide marketing guidance and consultancy to clients to add value to their business.
- Recommend, plan and deliver dynamic integrated marketing programs across both online and off-line channels.
- Be involved at all stages of the planning and creative process.
- Take responsibility for day-to-day client relationships to ensure client satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Manage and lead a team of Account Managers including performance and workload management.
- Oversee team projects to ensure they are delivered on time and to budget.
- Work with the Group Account Director and Head of Client Services on account planning and opportunity development.
- Active involvement in supporting new business opportunities including assisting with proposal writing and pitch preparation as required.
- Brief and liaise closely with the internal design and digital teams plus external suppliers.
- Work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients with exceptional service at all times.
Technical skills & experience
- You are going to need extensive healthcare and pharmaceutical marketing experience with a proven background in a marketing, digital or medcomms agency.
- A creative thinker, with proven experience of developing strategic marketing plans and implementing integrated marketing across online and offline channels.
- Strong commercial and resource planning skills.
- This is a ‘doing’ role, so you’ll need to be hands-on, lead by example and have proven experience of project managing multiple projects within tight timescales.
- A confident, can-do attitude with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience of leading, managing and motivating a team.
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Personable, approachable and able to inspire confidence in others.
- An excellent understanding of the ABPI Code of Practice.
- Experience with Zinc or Veeva Vaults would be beneficial.
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
download pdfsend us your cv
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Breakout area with large TV and games.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.