B2B Marketing Strategist
We’re looking for an experienced B2B marketing strategist to join our talented team based at our Oxford office.
You’ll have extensive hands-on knowledge of planning digital-first campaigns, particularly in the technology space, with an in-depth knowledge of how to reach and engage B2B audiences and what works, and what doesn’t work.
What you’ll be doing
- Strategic marketing advisor – Working directly with our clients and client service teams to define the right strategies and tactics for effective B2B marketing campaigns and programs. Develop an in-depth understanding of their business, objectives, products, market, competitors, challenges and opportunities to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Integrated campaigns – Plan high-performance, joined-up campaigns and communication flows combining inbound and outbound tactics across both digital and offline channels.
- Marketing programs – Devise and build long-term marketing initiatives including go-to-market plans and Account Based Marketing (ABM) programs.
- Content marketing strategy – Recommend the best content formats and themes, informed by audience insights, data analysis and best practice, to define personas, engage audiences and move prospects through the funnel.
- Contact strategy – Mapping our customer journeys to understand the touchpoints, contact channels and content requirements.
- Audience insight – Plan and lead workshops and interviews with client stakeholders and end-customers/prospects. Brief and manage third-party research partners as required.
- Reporting and optimisation – Review campaign metrics to identify what’s working and quickly apply learnings to improve campaign performance.
- Align with creative strategy – Work closely with our creative team to ensure the content, contact and creative strategies connect seamlessly.
- Prepare and present – Document strategies into concise plans and present them with clarity, confidence and authority as a subject matter expert.
- Pioneer new thinking – Pro-active thinking and thought-leadership to stay ahead of trends, best practice, methodologies, channels, media and technologies, to help our clients achieve their commercial goals and boost the profile of the agency.
Some of the skills you’ll need
- A natural problem solver with a business mindset and the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Ideally 5+ years working client-side or within an agency.
- The ability to quickly assimilate complex information from multiple sources, identify key insights and transform it in to an exciting, convincing and robust strategic vision, validating your recommendations with data analysis and research.
- An enquiring mind and an innate curiosity to find out and absorb information about unfamiliar topics, products or markets to quickly become a subject matter expert.
- A firm understanding of marketing strategy best practices and planning principles, with experience of applying established strategic models, tools and approaches.
- A recognised marketing qualification is useful, but proven experience is more important.
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with the ability to inspire and motivate diverse internal and external stakeholders, including senior decision makers within clients.
- A confident and compelling presenter, able to communicate ideas, plans and recommendations at all levels.
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back burner for a while for safety reasons. We hope to bring it all back soon though – we’re missing our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa health insurance
- Bupa dental insurance
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan
- Conferences and training
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous
- Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day
- Annual Torpedo Awards
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn
- Excellent location with free parking
- Charging points if you drive electric
- Covered bike shed
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court
- Free fruit in the office every week
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets
- Breakout area with large TV
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com