Digital Project Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Digital Project Manager to join our team based at our Oxford office.
You will be responsible for managing digital projects from concept, scoping & planning through to design, build and delivery. You will be a self-starter who is used to juggling multiple projects at any one time whilst working closely with UX specialists, designers, developers and stakeholders (internal and external).
Responsibilities & Duties
- Help the client identify their business problems and challenges and work with them to develop fully scoped solutions including acceptance criteria for sign off.
- Work closely with the technical teams, developing and managing project plans, change requests, risk assessments, and communication.
- Manage project scope and log change, project risk and issues via standard tools such as issue logs and change request forms.
- Drive the wider team to meet and exceed milestone delivery schedules and controlling project scope, budget, and timelines to ensure successful, on time go live delivery.
- Ask questions, research solutions to help define project requirements.
- Create realistic project estimates and contributing to client proposals and quotes.
- Accountable for tracking and reporting of budgets throughout the lifecycle of each project to internal leads so they can manage their teams.
- Work with the client to understand the stakeholders required for getting sign offs to tasks happening in a timely manner so work progresses smoothly.
- Multi-task across multiple projects at once – removing blockers as they occur.
- Strong commercial awareness recognising opportunities to add value to the client.
- Deliver projects on time and budget, whilst managing clients’ expectations.
- Assess and evaluate project success looking for improvements to processes.
- Manage client support and maintenance tickets, monitoring status through development and updating clients on any issues.
- Create financial estimates, quotes, invoices, billing plans and reports as required.
- Assist in scheduling tasks and troubleshooting clashes of priorities.
- Report regularly to senior management on project status and act as a barometer to client happiness and potential new business with existing clients.
- Ensure quality control standards are met from the outset by making sure UAT’s and definition of ‘Done’ is created from the outset and agreed by all parties.
- Manage your own workload efficiently and demonstrate awareness of workload and priorities of other teams, proactively suggesting solutions to competing demands so that you are able to deliver work against tight deadlines whilst providing clients with exceptional service at all times.
- Keeping team members engaged and motivated.
- Minimum 3+ years project management experience in web development / digital projects
- Ideally qualified or well-versed in an industry project management qualification (PRINCE2, Scrum, Agile, Waterfall etc.)
- Experience of managing CMS based websites, including Wordpress, Drupal, AEM and Sitecore
- Experience with office software such as Excel; and PM software such Smartsheets, JIRA, Trello etc
- Proven ability to build and lead strong project teams and manage multiple projects within tight timescales
- A confident, can-do attitude with good communication and presentation skills
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail
- Personable, approachable and able to inspire confidence
- Flexible and able to adapt to and champion change
- Ability to proactively solve problems under own initiative
- Thorough understanding of web development processes
- Ability to co-ordinate the activities of others when required
- Ability to make calm, rational decisions within a high-pressured environment
- Appreciate the technical trade offs when building solutions and can empathise with developers, designers, customers and stakeholders alike
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back-burner for a while for safety reasons. We hope to bring it all back soon though – we’re missing our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa health insurance
- Bupa dental insurance
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan
- Conferences and training
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day
- Annual Torpedo Awards
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk
- Cycle to work bike scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn
- Excellent location with free parking
- Charging points if you drive electric
- Covered bike shed
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court
- Free fruit in the office every week
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets
- Breakout area with large TV
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists
To apply, please send your CV and examples of your copywriting, or a link to your portfolio website, to email@example.com