Digital is at the core of everything we do and we’re looking for an experienced Drupal web developer to join our established development team in our Oxford office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented, creative and friendly team working within a converted barn on a varied range of exciting websites and digital projects.
You will have a passion for coding and new technologies with a portfolio of sites / projects that clearly demonstrate your skills and capabilities.
Role & Responsibilities
- Website and web application development, optimised across multiple browsers and device platforms
- Work across a broad range of exciting projects for different clients and big brands
- Help to recommend, plan and develop dynamic web and digital projects
- Be involved at all stages of the design and development process
- Work closely with the UX, design, SEO and project management teams
- Testing and support of new and existing solutions
- Stay up-to-date with current web trends and new technologies and have a desire to push the boundaries.
- Work in a variety of development processes, including Agile
- Help standardize and improve quality control processes and see they are enforced
Technical Skills & Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Drupal, PHP and MySQL including modern PHP frameworks such as Symfony, Zend and Laravel
- Extensive experience of developing and testing responsive websites for multiple browsers, platforms and devices
- Skilled in Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Experience of using version control systems – ideally Subversion or Git
- Experience of automated testing (for example PhpUnit, Behat or PhpSpec) and automated deployment and continuous integration (Travis, Jenkins) is desirable
- Good working knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI best practices
- Possess good understanding of accessibility standards
- Experience with WordPress would be beneficial but not essential
- Good understanding of in-depth testing methodologies and procedures
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail and a pride in your work
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times
- Previous digital agency experience preferred, but not essential
Torpedo is a digitally integrated creative agency. We offer a competitive salary negotiable depending on experience and a wide range of benefits including:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Breakout area with large TV and games.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please!
download pdfsend us your cv