We’re looking for an ambitious junior copywriter to join our team in our Oxford office – although unsurprisingly we’re all primarily working remotely right now! A positive ‘can-do attitude’ is essential, as is the ability to work quickly under pressure with constant attention to detail, whilst always striving to deliver the highest standard of creative work.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a creative and friendly team, working on a varied range of exciting marketing campaigns and digital projects for some great clients.
Responsibilities & duties
- Work closely with our talented creative, digital and client services teams – and occasionally external specialists – to create long and short form messaging.
- Liaise with our Client Services team to ensure that all copy content meets both the client’s expectations and company brand guidelines.
- Partner on projects with our Motion Team to develop scripts for videos and animations, and our Strategy Team to develop brand tone of voice guidelines and messaging frameworks.
- Assist with new business pitches, including proposition and messaging development, and creating and editing copy content for presentations.
- Use your experience, specialist knowledge and passion to actively contribute to team creative ideation sessions and, when appropriate, share messaging ideas with clients.
- Take ownership of multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest possible standard.
- An excellent grasp of the English language, including exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation, is essential.
- Experience in creating consistent and distinctive copy styles for each communication and the ability to revise or redevelop existing campaign copy.
- Confidence in communicating ideas and delivering compelling copy content across print, digital and social media.
- Well–developed research skills, an enquiring mind, and a natural curiosity to find out and absorb information about unfamiliar topics, products or markets.
- An ability to combine strategic thinking with tactical creativity and flair to make complex propositions simple and easy to understand.
- Knowledge of working within the parameters of large corporate tone and voice guidelines to create campaign copy that can be easily localised for country markets.
- A positive ‘can-do attitude’, plus the ability to work quickly under pressure, with constant attention to detail, whilst always striving to produce the highest standard of work.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Teams, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Previous agency experience, within a creative or digital environment, and proven experience of delivering multiple creative projects to tight timescales.
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Breakout area with large TV and games.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
To apply, please send your CV and examples of your copywriting, or a link to your portfolio website, to firstname.lastname@example.org