Video Editor/Motion Designer
We’re looking for a talented video editor who can turn their hand to motion design. You’ll have an eye for great design, and an uncompromising desire to deliver both outstanding video edits and motion graphics. A positive ‘can-do attitude’ is essential, plus the ability to work quickly under pressure, with constant attention to detail, whilst always striving to deliver the highest standard of creative work.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work closely with our talented creative, digital and client services teams – and occasionally external specialists – to edit, design and create high-end video content, motion graphics and animations to production ready standards.
- With support from the wider team plan and attend shoots as required, then edit the footage and produce video content suitable for publication across multiple platforms.
- Be involved at all stages of the creative process – from interpreting the brief, creating mood, style and storyboards, contributing to script development, developing a visual style and, when required, producing vector artwork and motion content.
- Use your experience, specialist knowledge and passion to actively contribute to team creative ideation sessions and, when appropriate, share ideas and creative with clients.
- Take ownership of multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest possible standard.
- A genuine passion for all things video and motion design related, with a relentless desire to push the boundaries of editing and motion graphics.
- Outstanding editing skills combined with an appreciation of timing, pace, colour and composition combined with a highly organised approach.
- Excellent layout, colour, typography, illustration, storyboarding, visualisation and animation skills combined with a highly organised approach.
- Advanced Mac skills and technical knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere are essential.
- Working knowledge of other Adobe Creative Cloud applications and workflows – and 3D applications like Cinema 4D, and Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya – would be a big advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Teams, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Previous agency experience, within a creative or digital environment, and proven experience of delivering multiple creative projects to tight timescales.
- Experience of working within the parameters of large corporate branding guidelines.
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa health insurance
- Bupa dental insurance
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan
- Conferences and training
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day
- Annual Torpedo Awards
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk
- Cycle to work bike scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn
- Excellent location with free parking
- Charging points if you drive electric
- Covered bike shed
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court
- Free fruit in the office every week
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets
- Breakout area with large TV
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists
To apply, please send your CV and any examples of your work to email@example.com