Motion Designer/Video Editor
We’re looking for a talented, motion graphics all-rounder with an eye for great design, and an uncompromising desire to deliver outstanding motion design and video edits. A positive ‘can-do attitude’ is essential, plus the ability to work quickly under pressure, with constant attention to detail, whilst always striving to deliver the highest standard of creative work.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work closely with our talented creative, digital and client services teams – and occasionally external specialists – to design and create production ready vector illustrations, infographics, motion graphics and animations, and edit and output production ready videos.
- Be involved at all stages of the creative process – from interpreting the brief, creating mood, style and storyboards, contributing to script development, developing a visual style and, when required, producing vector artwork and motion content.
- With support from the wider team plan and attend shoots as required, then edit the footage and produce video content suitable for publication across multiple devices.
- Use your experience, specialist knowledge and passion to actively contribute to team creative ideation sessions and, when appropriate, share ideas and creative with clients.
- Take ownership of multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest possible standard.
- A genuine passion for all things motion design and video related, with a relentless desire to push the boundaries of motion design.
- Excellent layout, colour, typography, illustration, storyboarding, visualisation and animation skills combined with a highly organised approach.
- Outstanding editing skills combined with an appreciation of timing, pace, colour and composition combined with a highly organised approach.
- Advanced Mac skills and technical knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere are essential.
- Working knowledge of other Adobe Creative Cloud applications and workflows – and 3D applications like Cinema 4D, and Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya – would be a big advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Teams, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Previous agency experience, within a creative or digital environment, and proven experience of delivering multiple creative projects to tight timescales.
- Experience of working within the parameters of large corporate branding guidelines.
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa health insurance
- Bupa dental insurance
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan
- Conferences and training
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day
- Annual Torpedo Awards
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk
- Cycle to work bike scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn
- Excellent location with free parking
- Charging points if you drive electric
- Covered bike shed
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court
- Free fruit in the office every week
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets
- Breakout area with large TV
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists
To apply, please send your CV and any examples of your work to email@example.com