We’re growing rapidly and looking for an experienced Medical Writer to work within our pharmaceutical / healthcare team.
We’re not your traditional MedComms agency. At Torpedo we work across many sectors, but our focus is on technology and healthcare. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented, creative and vibrant team working within a converted barn on a varied range of exciting marketing campaigns, creative and digital projects.
We already work with some big healthcare brands and have done so for over 14 years. We are looking for a capable Medical Writer interested in a more varied and demanding role. This is a great opportunity for a driven individual who is interested in evolving our service offer and developing new business opportunities, as well as medical writing.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analysing the new product markets and disease areas, distilling the salient points into reports that enable the wider team to deliver accurate and informed work
- Helping to define the scientific direction for healthcare and pharmaceutical accounts and individual projects in collaboration with Account Leads, as well as part of new business pitches and proposals
- Taking a lead role in scientific discussions with existing and new clients
- Supporting the development of the business through researching, establishing and demonstrating a thorough understanding of:
- Relevant models, principles and strategies relative to healthcare communications and relevant audiences
- The UK healthcare environment and the role of the relevant regulatory bodies involved in bringing healthcare products to market
- Relevant regulations and industry guidelines to the pharmaceutical, healthcare and medical device industries
- Attending industry events and support in the development of the company’s thought-leadership position
- Distilling the salient points from all in-house research and external event attendance to the wider team
- Researching, understanding and interpreting published information in relation to a given requirement or brief
- Developing credible and accurate content for medical education, promotional and non-promotional materials, presented in a clear and appropriate way for both scientific and consumer audiences
- Undertaking editorial reviews, QC and copy-editing to ensure the continual delivery of high-quality materials
- Owning and enforcing the house style for scientific writing
Technical Skills & Experience
- A relevant life science degree (PhD or Masters preferable).
- Excellent English language written, verbal and grammatical skills.
- Previous experience in a MedComms, healthcare, or medical writing agency.
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to write medical, promotional and non-promotional content for various audiences, adapting editorial style, tone-of-voice and language accordingly
- Competent in understanding, interpreting and citing scientific papers.
- A creative thinker, able to interpret data and develop an engaging story.
- An excellent understanding of ABPI and EFPIA Codes.
- Proven experience of working on multiple projects within tight timescales.
- Personable and confident in front of clients.
- Experience with Zinc, Veeva Vaults or other similar approval system.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Cakes on your birthday.
- Breakout area with large TV and games.
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
download pdfsend us your cv