Digital is at the core of everything we do and we’re looking for a talented User Experience Director to join our established digital team.
As a UX Director you will need to be at the top of your game and thoroughly immersed in the importance and benefits of user-centered design from both a theoretical and practical point of view. You will report to the Head of Digital & UX, but have line management responsibility for the UX team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leading, motivating and mentoring a team of UX specialists
- Helping to grow the skills and capabilities of Torpedo’s UX Consultancy offering
- Working on all sizes of project to ensure user centered design principles and methodology are consistently applied
- Analysing target audiences, user behaviours, key metrics, and functional specifications to execute user-friendly, goal-oriented solutions
- Working with clients to understand their business models and goals, and presenting deliverables to both internal teams, clients and stakeholder groups
- Conducting stakeholder meetings to unify thinking and present key deliverables
- Organising information by creating wireframes, sitemaps, work-flows, content inventories, specification documents, user scenarios and prototypes, along with thorough documentation and annotations of UI control behaviour
- Defining user-interface design, navigation, structure, and hierarchy to serve as a blueprint for all web experiences including mobile and responsive
- Defining the most effective nomenclature, taxonomy classes and calls-to-action for user interfaces and navigational elements
- Designing and conducting user experience tests, usability testing and focus groups and reporting/presenting outcomes and recommendations to both clients and internal teams
- Analysing site data to improve user experience post launch
- Committed to staying at the forefront of IA/UX/UI and continually improving the processes as well as helping to educate the internal teams.
Technical Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years commercial experience of information architecture, user centered design and user testing working on medium to large, complex websites and mobile applications
- Expertise in prototyping and mockup tools such as Moqups, InVision, Axure, Balsamiq and InDesign to deliver UI wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys, data modeling and prototypes of varying fidelity
- Extensive expertise in user experience design processes, techniques and methodologies
- Expertise in implementing various user research and analysis techniques including; ethnographic research, personas and usage scenarios, user journeys
- Expertise in planning, conducting and documenting heuristics evaluations and user testing
- Expertise in human interface guidelines, standards, and best practices as they apply to digital platforms
- Experience of analysing and interpretating site analytics
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times
- Management experience of leading a team of specialists
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation and organisational skills
- The ability to think clearly and remain calm and effective in high-pressure situations
- Previous digital agency experience preferred, but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
download pdfsend us your cv