Digital is at the core of everything we do and we’re looking for an experienced Web Developer to join our established development team in either our Oxford or London office.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly talented, creative and friendly team working on a varied range of exciting websites and digital projects.
You will have a passion for coding and new technologies with a portfolio of sites / projects that clearly demonstrate your skills and capabilities.
What will you be responsible for:
- Developing websites and web applications which are optimised across multiple browsers and device platforms
- Working across a broad range of exciting projects for different clients and big brands
- Helping to recommend, plan and develop dynamic web and digital projects
- Being actively involved at all stages of the design and development process
- Working closely with the UX, design, SEO and project management teams
- Testing and supporting new and existing solutions
- Staying up-to-date with current web trends and new technologies and have a desire to push the boundaries
- Working in a variety of development processes, including Agile.
What it takes to be successful:
- Extensive experience of developing and testing responsive websites for multiple browsers, platforms and devices
- Good knowledge of WordPress and/or Drupal, PHP and MySQL including modern PHP frameworks such as Symfony and Laravel
- A proven understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns
- Experience of using version control systems – ideally Git
- Good working knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI best practices
- A good understanding of accessibility standards
- An organised approach with excellent attention to detail and a pride in your work
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst providing clients and colleagues with exceptional service at all times
What skills are not essential but will help:
- Experience of automated testing (for example PhpUnit, Behat or Selenium) and automated deployment and continuous integration (Travis, Jenkins)
- Good understanding of testing methodologies and procedures
- Experience and/or knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
What we will offer you:
Apart from us being a really fun and friendly bunch, here’s some other nice things we do for our team:
- Modern agency environment with high-spec Macs, dual-screens and the latest tech.
- Excellent location with free parking.
- 25 days holiday (Increasing to 28 days after 5 years).
- Private healthcare.
- Dental insurance.
- Pension scheme.
- Conferences and training.
- Regular social events.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee.
- Tasty snacks and pick ’n’ mix sweets.
- Breakout area with large TV and games (Oxford office only).
- Sonos sound system with shared playlist.
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court (Oxford office only).
- Discounted gym membership (Oxford office only).
- Cycle to work bike scheme.
- Free annual flu vaccination.
To apply, please send your CV to jobs@Torpedogroup.com
download pdfsend us your cv