Apply for this role
Torpedo is a leading digital creative agency. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join our talented and friendly team. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will provide a hands-on approach, working on all things finance to do with the business. A positive can-do attitude is essential, with constant attention to detail, whilst always striving to deliver the highest standard of work.
Responsibilities & duties
- Day to day management of the Finance department, including purchase and sales ledger, credit control, VAT returns and management accounts.
- Assist and report to the Finance Director, management / partners.
- Establish and maintain financial policies, procedures and best practice for the company and work closely with other individuals and teams across the business to ensure they are followed.
- Line manage and oversee, check accuracy of the work of the finance department and ensure smooth running of the accounting department.
- Produce draft budgets and forecasts.
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing budgets / spends.
- Produce cashflow and cash awareness.
- Resolve any queries relating to tax, audit, banking and other financial needs as necessary from employees, suppliers, clients and others.
- Maintain company insurances.
- Help to prepare the R&D calculations.
- Year-end accountants preparation.
- Oversee and maintain accounting system Xero.
- Oversee and maintain job management system Synergist.
- Identify, recommend and implement areas for productivity improvements.
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and cost reductions.
Skills and experience
- Advanced understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Proactive, hands on with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest standard.
- An analytical mind with excellent attention to detail and the desire to probe further into data.
- The ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Experience of managing a team and development skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication – both written and verbal.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all times.
- Ensure absolute confidentiality at all times and adhere to GDPR requirements.
- Competent user of Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word and Excel.
- A relevant accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back-burner for a while for safety reasons. We hope to bring it all back soon though – we’re missing our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa health insurance
- Bupa dental insurance
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan
- Conferences and training
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day
- Annual Torpedo Awards
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk
- Cycle to work bike scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn
- Excellent location with free parking
- Charging points if you drive electric
- Covered bike shed
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court
- Free fruit in the office every week
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets
- Breakout area with large TV
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists
Apply for this role