Apply for this role
Torpedo is an award winning creative agency with offices in Oxford and London. We provide marketing, design and digital services to a wide range of excellent clients on a national and international basis. And we’re looking for an ambitious junior copywriter to join our growing team.
You will need to be a talented copywriter with experience of creating copy across online and offline channels for B2B campaigns and projects. You will have a genuine passion for words, and enjoy crafting copy that engages and inspires the target audience and helps our clients build meaningful relationships with their customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly team, working with some great clients, in a successful, forward thinking creative agency.
Role & responsibilities
- Work closely with our talented creative and client teams to create and deliver high quality, long and short format copy that resonates with B2B audiences
- Create copy for campaign assets and deliverables across print, digital, social media and other channels, and work closely with our motion team to research and develop scripts for videos and animations.
- Support client brand strategy projects by engaging in research such as target audience interviews and helping to develop tone of voice guidelines.
- Assist with new business pitches, including message development and creating copy content for presentations.
- Liaise with our Client Services team to ensure that all copy content meets both the client’s expectations and their company brand guidelines.
- Take responsibility for multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure that they are all delivered on time, on budget, and to the highest possible standard.
Technical skills & experience
- Excellent grasp of the English language is essential, including exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Previous agency experience, ideally within a creative or marketing environment is preferred.
- Experience in creating consistent and distinctive copy styles for each communication and the ability to revise or redevelop existing campaign copy.
- Confidence in communicating ideas and delivering compelling copy content across print, digital and social media.
- Well-developed research skills, an enquiring mind, and a natural curiosity to find out and absorb information about unfamiliar topics, products or markets to become an expert quickly.
- An ability to combine strategic thinking with tactical creativity and flair to make complex propositions simple and easy to understand.
- Knowledge of working within the parameters of large corporate tone and voice guidelines to create campaign copy that can be easily localised for other language markets.
- A positive ‘can-do attitude’, plus the ability to work quickly under pressure, with constant attention to detail, whilst always striving to produce the highest standard of work.
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back-burner for a while for safety reasons. We’re bringing it all back now – we’ve missed our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa health insurance
- Bupa dental insurance
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan
- Conferences and training
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day
- Annual Torpedo Awards
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk
- Cycle to work bike scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
- Income Protection
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn
- Excellent location with free parking
- Charging points if you drive electric
- Covered bike shed
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court
- Free fruit in the office every week
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets
- Breakout area with large TV
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists
Apply for this role