Apply for this role
We are looking for a talented all-round graphic designer with an eye for great design, and an uncompromising desire to deliver outstanding creative. Your experience will include designing for both print and digital media across a range of different brands and industries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly team environment, working with some great clients, on truly integrated marketing campaigns. You’ll relish the opportunity to create pixel perfect artwork, but just as importantly, you'll jump at the challenge of getting stuck into a creative brief, sharing your ideas, and being part of a team creating bigger marketing campaigns or digital solutions.
A positive ‘can-do attitude’ is essential, plus the ability to work quickly under pressure, with constant attention to detail, whilst always striving to produce the highest standard of work.
Role & responsibilities
- Work closely with our talented design, motion, copy, UX, digital and client service teams - and occasionally external specialists - to create outstanding design solutions.
- Take responsibility for multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure they are all delivered on time and to the highest possible standard.
- Be involved at all stages of the creative process - from interpreting a brief, through to creating concepts, setting the visual style, and delivering creative to the required formats.
- Use your experience, knowledge and passion to actively contribute to team creative brainstorms.
Technical skills & experience
- Excellent layout, colour and typography skills combined with a positive ‘can-do’ highly organised approach.
- Experience of creating illustrations and vector artwork for print, digital and motion applications.
- Advanced skills in Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are essential, and working knowledge of other Adobe Creative Cloud applications and workflows would be advantageous.
- Experience of working within the parameters of large corporate branding guidelines.
- Previous agency experience, within a creative or digital environment, and proven experience of delivering multiple projects to tight timescales.
- A genuine passion for all things design related, with a relentless desire to push the boundaries of design.
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back-burner for a while for safety reasons. We hope to bring it all back soon though – we’re missing our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa health insurance
- Bupa dental insurance
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan
- Conferences and training
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day
- Annual Torpedo Awards
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk
- Cycle to work bike scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn
- Excellent location with free parking
- Charging points if you drive electric
- Covered bike shed
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court
- Free fruit in the office every week
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets
- Breakout area with large TV
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists
Apply for this role