Apply for this role
We are looking for a passionate content expert with a proven track record for creating and delivering exceptional on and offline content solutions and strategies across a range of B2B brands, industries, and channels. Your role will be to develop the content strategy that guides the development and production of great content. You’ll relish the opportunity to create impactful messaging frameworks, but just as importantly, you'll enjoy the challenge of a complex creative brief or pitch and driving the creation of big strategic solutions around content messaging themes, plans and channels.
Core responsibilities & duties
- Conduct content audits and market and competitor research with the aim of creating robust content strategy frameworks to inform and guide content creation.
- Design and lead workshops and interviews with key stakeholders to draw key insights for content ideation.
- Profile and create target audience personas to help inform and guide content strategy and solution creation, and to support broader campaign and client activities.
- Play a key role in defining agency content strategy standards, quality and processes that align with industry best practices and reflect the latest content trends.
- Represent Torpedo as the content expert at internal meetings, project briefings, shoots, new business meetings and pitches.
- Work closely with our talented creative, motion, UX, digital, client service and Digital engagement teams.
- A genuine passion for all things content related with a relentless desire to push boundaries and deliver excellence.
- The ability to create content solutions and strategies aligned to target audience needs and the customer journey, that are easy to understand and drive a measurable response.
- Well-developed research and data analysis skills, an enquiring mind, and a natural curiosity to find out and absorb complex technical information about unfamiliar topics, products or markets to quickly become a subject matter expert.
- An in-depth knowledge of content formats and distribution across print, digital, social media and other communication channels.
- At least 5 years previous experience, ideally agency, within a creative or marketing environment, including planning and delivering compelling content solutions and strategies
- Excellent grasp of the English language including exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- A confident communicator and problem solver, able to present ideas and recommendations at all levels.
- A positive ‘can-do attitude’, plus the ability to work quickly under pressure, with constant attention to detail, whilst always striving to produce the highest standard of work.
Torpedo is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and provide an inclusive environment where our team can grow.
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back-burner for a while for safety reasons. We’re bringing it all back now – we’ve missed our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa health insurance
- Bupa dental insurance
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan
- Conferences and training
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day
- Annual Torpedo Awards
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk
- Cycle to work bike scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
- Income Protection
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn
- Excellent location with free parking
- Charging points if you drive electric
- Covered bike shed
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court
- Free fruit in the office every week
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets
- Breakout area with large TV
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists
Apply for this role