Apply for this role
A passionate agency content expert with a proven track record for creating and delivering exceptional content solutions and strategies across a range of brands, industries, and channels. Your role will be to develop the content strategy that guides the development and production of great content. You’ll relish the opportunity to create impactful messaging frameworks, but just as importantly, you'll enjoy the challenge of a complex creative brief or pitch and driving the creation of big strategic solutions around content messaging themes, plans and channels. Responsibilities & Duties – Strategy (broad focus)
- Work closely with our talented creative, motion, UX, digital and client service teams to plan, define, develop and implement content strategies and solutions to meet business goals and objectives.
- Drive best practice project content development by engaging in content audit and research activities with the aim of creating robust content strategy frameworks to inform and guide content creation.
- Profile and create target audience personas to help inform and guide content strategy and solution creation, and to support broader campaign and client activities.
- Play a key role in defining agency content strategy standards, quality and processes that align with industry best practices and reflect the latest content trends.
- Work with our Client Services team to ensure that all content strategies and copy meet both the client’s expectations and their brand guidelines - including suggesting solutions to ensure consistency of content and identifying and setting key success factors.
- Draw on your experience and technical knowledge to represent Torpedo as the content expert at internal meetings, project briefings, shoots, new business meetings and pitches.
- Take responsibility for multiple tasks, projects and priorities to ensure that they are all delivered on time, on budget, and to the highest possible standard.
Responsibilities & Duties – UX (specific focus)
- Plan and deliver content audit analysis to map out existing content.
- Conduct discovery user/business workshops and interviews and identify what’s relevant to both the business and the customer.
- Plan and deliver user needs and expectations research to inform content plans.
- Conduct competitive review and analysis activities.
- Conduct card sorting and tree testing to align labels to user mental models.
- Conduct content analysis to map content to prioritised user needs and business objectives, identify gaps and content that doesn’t align to business or user needs.
- Clarify, design, and validate the vision.
- Identify appropriate formats and channels for content.
- Oversee content creation.
- Assign content ownership and agree content management requirements.
- Create various content plans including, metadata, communications, content migration and content review plan.
- Set SMART objectives for content, set measures, outcomes and achievements, hypothesis, evaluation.
- Measure effectiveness of content - meeting defined objectives/KPI.
- Liaise with our search engine optimisation specialist to ensure SEO best practice is applied to your content strategy.
- Test/validate content with users to make sure it meets their needs and expectations.
Skills – Strategy (broad)
- A genuine passion for all things content related with a relentless desire to push boundaries and deliver excellence.
- An in-depth knowledge of content formats and distribution across print, digital, social media and other communication channels.
- Well-developed research and data analysis skills, an enquiring mind, and a natural curiosity to find out and absorb complex technical information about unfamiliar topics, products or markets to quickly become a subject matter expert.
- The ability to create content solutions and strategies aligned to target audience needs and the customer journey, that are easy to understand and drive a measurable response.
- At least 5 years previous agency experience, within a creative or marketing environment, including planning and delivering compelling content solutions and strategies
- Excellent grasp of the English language is essential, including exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- A confident communicator and problem solve, able to present ideas and recommendations at all levels.
- A positive ‘can-do attitude’, plus the ability to work quickly under pressure, with constant attention to detail, whilst always striving to produce the highest standard of work.
Skills – UX (specific)
- User/customer needs, expectations, goals and objectives for content
- Mapping user needs/goals to specific content/formats
- Roles, responsibilities, workflows for creating and maintaining content (governance)
- Policies, standards, principles, guidelines for content lifecycle.
This description is not exhaustive and may change over time through discussion between the job holder and the line manager. You may also be required to perform other duties within your capabilities outside of, and in addition to, your core role.
We like to look after our team and provide a lot of benefits. This is all the normal stuff we offer but, with the pandemic going on, some of these have been put on the back-burner for a while for safety reasons. We’re bringing it all back now – we’ve missed our parties and the pick ‘n’ mix!
Wherever you’re working from:
- Flexible working
- 25 days holiday (increasing to 28 days after five years) plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bupa health insurance
- Bupa dental insurance
- Bupa wellbeing health expenses cash plan
- Conferences and training
- Regular social events including the Christmas Party and the famous Torpedo Summer Family Fun Day
- Annual Torpedo Awards
- Team challenges such as Blenheim Triathlon, 3 Peaks, Tough Mudder, Jurassic Walk
- Cycle to work bike scheme
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Sports teams including running, football and netball.
- Income Protection
And for when you’re in the office:
- Modern agency environment in a converted barn
- Excellent location with free parking
- Charging points if you drive electric
- Covered bike shed
- Use of on-site swimming pool and tennis court
- Free fruit in the office every week
- Copious amounts of tea and coffee
- Tasty snacks and pick ‘n’ mix sweets
- Breakout area with large TV
- Sonos sound system with shared playlists
Apply for this role